Monday, January 28, 2013

Machine Learning

Recently I am working really hard to find a Phd. study topic which is a real pain. For a long period of time I am switching from one topic to another. But finally I find my research topic, at least I hope.
Machine learning is a real fascinating area. Although I do not have a solid background about machine learning or artificial intelligence, I can understand concepts. For now I am just studying what is machine learning, supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement learning and game theory. But step by step I will continue deep inside and learn advanced topics. Transfer Learning is my interest. It can be defined as to use and carry a knowledge gained in one domain in other but releated domains. Definition of relation, mapping of knowledge and even know what to transfer are real challenging problems. But it is really funny.  During my study one of my teachers is udacity. What a perfect learning site. It is an online school with some courses such as artificial intelligence, parallel programming, cryptography and so on. I continue artificial intelligence for robotics. It is following the great book "Artificial Intelligence: A modern Approach". I advise it to anybody who wants to extends his/her knowledge about machine learning and AI for robotics. Thanks for such a beautiful and free site udacity. Thanks Sebastian Thrun for such a great course.

No comments: